Who We Are
Since 2010, Agent Pronto has helped more than 200,000 people find the perfect real estate agent. Home buyers and sellers sign up for our service, tell us about their needs, and we then use that information to analyze local real estate agent data and match them with an amazing agent. We’re a small, tight-knit team that is able to move quickly while being backed with the stability of a large, well-established company.
We’ve been remote for over a decade and have honed our tools, practices, and communication styles to make it work well for us. We have a tight-knit team, a casual work environment, and a healthy work-life balance. We stick to a 40 hour per week schedule, won’t give you crazy deadlines, and are generous with our paid time off.
Who We Need
We’re looking for a talented individual to join our Product team as a Rails developer where you’ll be helping ship features and squash bugs. You'll be collaborating with our Head of Product (who is also our front-end developer) and two talented Rails Developers to round out this small and nimble team. We build and maintain an internal Rails app called Handshake that is both a CRM and a suite of workflow tools which we use to deliver the services of our consumer-facing Rails app, Agent Pronto
, as well as our agent-facing CRM, Agent Pronto Login.
We’re constantly improving our existing apps and will be launching additional services over the next few years (along with the internal tooling needed to support them). In order to continue building, we’re looking to expand our team!
Who You Are *fingers crossed*
You’re a Rails developer with 3 or more years of professional experience who thrives in a flexible, self-directed environment. You love helping people, fixing bugs, and solving problems. You transcend the left-brained developer stereotype, have an eye for design, and incorporate UX understanding into the things you build. Additionally:
- You’re self-motivated to learn and incorporate new technologies and keep up with best practices.
- You’re as comfortable writing code for the browser as you are code for the server.
- You believe in the value of testing and rarely ship code without automated tests in place.
- You love building larger features, but you’re just as happy working on maintenance tasks to keep things running smoothly.
- You have strong communication skills and are receptive to constructive feedback.
- You have the ability to thoroughly, yet simply, explain features to everyday users.
- You can clearly articulate your thoughts and feelings through writing.
- You’re not afraid to ask for help and enjoy working collaboratively, as well as on your own.
- You’re experienced and proficient with most of the following:
- Ruby on Rails
- Testing tools (RSpec, Capybara)
- Data stores (MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis)
- Continuous Integration and deployment systems
- Amazon Web Services
- Integrating with a variety of APIs (Twilio, Zapier, Mailchimp/Mandrill, Google Places, etc)
How We Work
We don’t separate “product” from “engineering.” Our dev team is the product team, and we’re responsible for prioritizing new features, enhancements, and bug fixes to help our users be successful. We have a weekly planning meeting on Slack, organize our tasks and responsibilities in Basecamp, and discuss code changes and implementations in GitHub. We build our products with Heroku, GitHub, Circle CI, CloudFlare, Twilio, Google Places API, Mandrill, and more.
We value feedback at every level and encourage everyone at Agent Pronto to speak up and contribute with their ideas, thoughts, and concerns throughout the development process. After all, one of our primary user groups is made up of your future coworkers!
We’re hiring immediately for a full-time, salaried position at a competitive market rate. We request that you reside in the United States, but once hired, you’ll have the flexibility to work from anywhere, so long as you have a strong internet connection. You can choose when to start and end each work day as long as at least half of your day aligns with a 9-5 CT schedule.
Agent Pronto offers a variety of benefits to full-time employees, including health, dental, and vision insurance, 401k matching, a generous paid time off policy, a yearly education stipend, and more. We’ll also set you up with a new Mac laptop as your work device. You can learn more about our company and benefits here
Think You’re a Good Fit?
To learn more or to apply, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “rails” in the subject line. Let us know where you found this job posting and what your salary expectations are. We won’t dictate the format of your application beyond that, so be thoughtful and creative. The application process will include remote interviews, a coding assignment, and a remote pairing session. Thanks for looking, and good luck!
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/agent-pronto-rails-developer-at-agent-pronto-1