👐 Join a meritocracy, no politics needed (nor welcomed)
📖 We practice open-book management (understand how the company works)
🗺️ Work anywhere in the world with 🕐 flexible time
Head of the department
"Hi, I'm Jeremy, the current CTO of QuickMail, and I'm looking for a Ruby on Rails developer to join our development team.
I like pragmatic engineers with a can-do attitude & critical thinking who pay attention to details and are reliable.
PS: I'm not a fan of React despite its popularity. Apply to know why."
Your PR will be reviewed by someone with 25 experience in development (10 years in video games, 7 years in finances, and 8 years of web development)
QuickMail is one of the leading cold email outreach solutions for sending business-to-business cold emails.
It is used by small and medium businesses all over the world to reach out to potential clients and grow their businesses.
Our clients are composed of Entrepreneurs, Founders, Growth Marketers & Lead Generation Agencies.
QuickMail was started in 2014. We more than doubled the business last year and we have the same ambitious goal this year. We are 100% self-funded and composed of a small group of highly driven co-workers.
Our current stack
- Backend: Ruby on Rails 6.1, Sidekiq 6 & Webpack 4
- Frontend: Angular 9 with Rxjs, Pug & Bootstrap 4
- Communication layer: GraphQL, Apollo & Pusher
- Hosting: Heroku with Postgres & Redis
- Extra services: AWS for EC2 & Routes
Your initial responsibilities
- In the first weeks, to familiarize you with our code, you'll be making some small changes to the code to either fix problems or extend existing solutions and will be increasing our code coverage by writing RSpec unit tests.
- Suggest improvements in code you are unit-testing and promote good practices.
- You'll then move toward building smaller scope features & advancing on longer-term projects.
- Ultimately, you will have the possibility to make a big impact on the product by driving initiatives to support the business (e.g. build an integration, create a new feature, extend the API...)
The role will evolve into more complex responsibilities based on your ability to write good, clean, and maintainable code as well as communicate & interact with the team (ask us about the roadmap at the interview so we can discuss what will interest you long term).
- A deep ❤️ for your craft as a developer, a pragmatic approach to development, a positive attitude, and the ability to make decisions on your own.
- Great analytical skills with a demonstrable ability to simplify complex things.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Proven understanding and at least 1 year of concrete experience with Ruby on Rails.
- Experience with Angular & RxJS is a big plus but not a show stopper.
- Good command of Git (pull request, merge, rebase…)
- ⏰ Flexible hours, work from anywhere you want 🗺️, we are a remote-first company. Save a couple of thousand dollars a year in commuting costs and 100+ hrs each year.
- 💻 Solid engineering practices, we use branching and pull requests, review apps, apply scrum with weekly sprints, daily standups, velocity & retrospectives. Code is well structured and architecture is sound.
- ⚖️ You'll join a meritocracy, no-bs culture, no politics, only candid feedback to keep improving. Think Netflix culture.
- 🔥 A chance to step in and have a big impact on a growing SaaS company. You'll learn about the business side too and get to know the financials as we practice open-book management 📖.
- 🌴 Unlimited vacation & 1 team retreat per year in Japan for work and fun (disrupted by Covid at the moment, unfortunately 😥).
- 📚 We focus on learning and personal growth ($100/mo budget for learning/books/courses).
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/quickmail-ruby-on-rails-engineer-min-1-year-professional-experience