Headquarters: Birmingham, Alabama
is a modern software platform that helps thousands of organizations around the world manage a fleet. Transportation technology is a hot market and we’re leading the charge, with raving fans and new customers signing up every day. We recently raised a $21M Series B round
and are on an exciting trajectory as a company.
About the role
We're looking for a passionate Senior Android Engineer to join our growing Engineering team and advance our widely popular Android app
. Mobile apps are a huge part of our product strategy (our customers are managing mobile assets, after all), so your work will impact and advance a critical area of the business.
In this role, you'll be at the forefront of shipping features that directly enhance the lives of our customers around the world. You’ll also be an active participant in collaborating with design and product teams to grow ideas into features. If you’re passionate about crafting quality code and building beautiful Android applications used by tens of thousands of customers, we would love for you to apply!
This is a remote role and is open to candidates based in the United States, Canada, or Mexico.
More about Fleetio
What you'll be doing:
- Craft and continuously ship well-tested, maintainable, and efficient Kotlin code
- Collaborate with product and design to create, design, and incrementally refine features
- Ensure quality in your code with unit and UI tests
- Proactively identify and squash bugs as well as performance issues
- Take an active role in shaping and defining mobile engineering best practices
What's in it for you
- Be a part of an incredible team of “A” players who go above and beyond to make Fleetio a successful company. You will build software used by people all around the world. So many different types of companies and organizations operate a fleet each day, and Fleetio is a good fit for most of them (it’s a huge market).
- Work remotely (within the United States, Canada or Mexico), or at our Birmingham, AL HQ. Over 80% of our Engineering Team works remotely (including our CTO), and we have promoted a strong remote working culture since the beginning (2012).
- We place great emphasis on work/life balance. We have families and hobbies and know you do, too.
Our Engineering and Product teams are structured as autonomous squads that execute within one focal area toward a defined product vision. We're hardcore believers in easy-to-use software and our main goal as Product Engineers is to quickly and continuously deliver meaningful value to our customers. Crafting a delightful user experience is hard work, but we welcome the challenge and are looking for team members who share our ambition. Learn more about our Engineering Team and the interview process here
- 2+ years of experience building and shipping native Android apps
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in crafting quality code in Kotlin (Java is a bonus)
- Mastery of the Android SDK and mobile-specific fundamentals (networking, multithreading, memory management)
- Pixel-perfect attention to detail in designing human-centered interfaces using custom views
- Experienced consuming RESTful APIs (Ruby on Rails, Node, or similar)
- Committed to improving code quality through writing unit and UI tests
- Knowledgeable in the current state of the Android platform, deployment, and continuous integration best practices
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent real-world experience
- Be sure to mention "coffee" in your application so we know you read this
- 100% coverage of employee health and dental insurance (50% family)
- 401(k) + match
- Company stock options
- Vision, STD & LTD
- Dependent Care FSA and Medical FSA
- Generous PTO, Company Holidays & Floating Holiday
- Maternity/Paternity leave
- Community service funds
- Mac laptop
- Professional development funds
- Health and wellness incentive
- Remote working friendly since 2012
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/fleetio-senior-android-engineer-1