About the role 🤓
We have an exciting new opening for a Senior Backend Engineer who is able to see the big picture and balance the seek for software quality with a pragmatic approach to help us scale the company. If you're a proactive, creative, and hands-on person who wants to help improve Sequra's product having ownership and exposure to work hand in hand with seasoned professionals in a collaborative environment, this is the perfect place for you. We have different projects to carry out our amazing product’s development, you’ll have the possibility to join us to help us grow by contributing to technical and architectural decisions and even creating new teams.
What you'll do 🚀
- Be passionate in the pursuit of writing simple, clean, and efficient code.
- Be proactive, accountable, analytical, and pragmatic.
- Contribute with high attention to detail/product ownership.
- Work as a strong team player and communicator.
- Arrive with motivation to learn and grow.
- Be passionate for driving change and efficiency with partners of different disciplines.
What we offer 😎
We have a strong and sustainable foundation, where we provide a secure and reliable workplace. You have the freedom and trust to make the best contribution possible.
One of our most valued strengths by our employees is our fellowship and supportive culture, which fosters a sense of belonging by working closely with our values. With us, you will have challenging projects to work on and push your skills and knowledge.
In addition, we are very proud of the unique office we have, which offers a comfortable and inspiring environment to work in with everything you need.
- 23 vacation days + 2 days of free disposal per year.
- Professional development that includes access to a language learning platform with courses available for 24 languages, including both group and private classes.
- Flexible compensation plan for transportation, restaurants, and kindergarten with Cobee.
- Health insurance discounts with Sanitas and DKV.
- Work visa and re-location to Barcelona.
- Remote work.
Moreover, we have a Wellness Program that embraces a holistic approach by covering 6 areas (occupational, physical, financial, emotional, social, environmental consciousness). Each area will include a variety of activities, and you'll be able to choose from 34 different activities that best meet your needs to configure a plan that best works for you.
What you’ll need
- 5+ years of experience working as a Backend Engineer.
- Solid knowledge of OOP, clean coding, TDD, and agile. Functional programming and DDD are a plus.
- English proficiency.
Which are the next steps?
- Interview with People Team
- Technical take-home assessment (async)
- Live Peer review of the assessment
- Meet the team
We promote equal opportunity to all, regardless of age, color, gender identity, medical condition, physical or mental disability, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic. We have an inclusive environment, and respect is above all.
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/sequra-senior-backend-developer