Headquarters: Washington, D.C.
At Freethink Media, we believe the daily news should inspire people to build a better world. While most media is fueled by toxic politics and negativity, we focus on solutions: the smartest people, the biggest ideas, and the most ground breaking technology shaping our future.
Across our two flagship sites, Freethink
and Big Think
, we publish over 50 new articles and short documentaries every week to a community of more than 13 million followers and subscribers.
What You’ll Do
Architect and build the data layer – Working with the CTO, select the tools that will form the foundation of our modern data stack. Build pipelines that extract data from a variety of sources like Youtube, Facebook, and others, and load that data into a centralized data warehouse.
Provide cleaned, transformed data for analysis – Using tools like great_expectations and dbt, clean and transform raw data into forms suitable for analysis and visualization.
Apply software engineering practices to analytics code – Use version control, testing, and continuous integration as part of a SDLC for analytics code.
Become a data subject matter expert – Be able to answer data questions with confidence and rigor, and collaborate with stakeholders across the company with differing levels of data expertise.
Develop and maintain the data catalog – Document data sources, schemas, and access and governance rules.
What You’ll Need
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Excellent communication, problem-solving, organizational, and time management skills
- 4-7 years of experience working with data as a software engineer, data engineer, or similar role
- Strong, recent experience with modern ELT, transformation, and related tools in the modern data stack
- Track record with Python/R and SQL to drive business insights
What You’ll Get Out Of this Opportunity
- Work from home – we’ve been remote-first from inception
- Form the core of a new team, with significant influence and autonomy to shape its growth as well as your own role
- Collaborative culture in a startup environment
- Growth opportunities within a fast-growing company
- Competitive salary and benefits including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and Disability Insurance, 401(k), Commuter Benefits, Mobile Phone Stipend, and more!
Do you meet most, but not all of the qualifications for this role? No worries - we invite you to apply if you think you'd be a great match!
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/freethink-senior-analytics-engineer