Headquarters: Alameda, CA
All technology jobs at Tranzito are fully remote - we have no central office and the vast majority of our communication is written and asynchronous. We are hiring a full time Software Engineer to help us execute two exciting new projects with the City of Los Angeles, in addition to our existing initiatives - one will improve the lives of Angelenos through better bus stops, and the other will install Mobility Hubs throughout the city.
This role reports to our Head of Engineering. It is a full time, salaried, remote role.
What you'll need:
- At least 3 years of experience as a full-time Software Engineer
- Knowledge of and experience with the Ruby on Rails web framework
- Experience in Test Driven Development
- 4 hours of work day overlap with the San Francisco-based team. Our workday is typically 9AM to 6PM PST.
- You must be located in one of the following areas in the United States: California, Colorado, Georgia, Hawaii, Maryland, Oregon, Virginia, Washington State, Washington, D.C.
What we’d like to see (but these are not necessarily requirements to apply or be successful in the role):
- Experience with the Java language
- Experience with mobile development
- Knowledge of additional programming languages
- Experience working with small teams and small organizations
- Interest in or experience with Civic Tech generally and the transit space specifically
What we offer:
- Fully remote position, no funny business
- Remote office expense stipend
- Salary of $100k-$150k/year depending on experience
- Work for a proven small business with strong liquidity and business fundamentals
- Health insurance through Kaiser Permanente; dental and vision insurance
- Escalating PTO plan
- 11 paid holidays
- Paid parental leave
- 401k plan with employer match
- Bicycle pro-deals and component wholesale pricing
How to apply:
- Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with a quick note about how you came across the position and why it interests you.
- Include your contact information.
- We will respond to every single resume received. Promise.
Tranzito is proud to be an equal opportunity employer to all, regardless of age, ancestry, color, disability (mental and physical), exercising the right to family care and medical leave, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religious creed, sex (includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), and sexual orientation.
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/tranzito-full-stack-software-engineer-ruby-on-rails